Updated: November 23, 2016
“The Yucatan is statistically as safe as Finland.” – The Economist
Tulum Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Hotelscombined.com – The best website for booking hotels in Tulum.
- The best hotels on Tulum Beach: Mezzanine • Coral Tulum • Ahau Tulum • Alaya
- The best budget hotel on the Tulum Beach is Playa Mambo Eco Cabanas – great location right on the beach and several good restaurants within an easy walk.
- Tulum has the best beach along the Yucatan coast. Great sand and swimmable surf.
- November to April is the best time of the year to visit Tulum – but Tulum is a year round destination and you can have a great visit any month of the year. I wouldn’t let the time of year dictate if you should come.
- Book far early for the best hotels on the Tulum beach. 3 months in advance is good, 6 months better.
- High season is December, January, February, July, and August when it’s even more important to find hotels early.
- Tulum does not have any mega-resorts or all-inclusives. The places listed below are small boutique-style hotels with lots of character.
- My top tips for visiting Tulum are to eat some tacos al pastor and swim in a cenote.
- The food in and around Tulum is amazing and one of the highlights of the town. These are my favorite restaurants in Tulum.
- If you’re worried about the seaweed on the Yucatan coast (which has improved markedly over the last year) then Tulum is a better choice than Cancun because there’s so much more to do here (swim in cenotes, boat tours of Sian Ka’an Biosphere, swim with turtles in nearby Akumal, great Mexican food in Tulum Pueblo). And the adventure parks Xplor, Xcaret, and Xel-Ha are much closer to Tulum than Cancun.
- Tulum is great for families. These are the best hotels for kids in Tulum.
- Read Also: How To Book Hotels Online
The 20 Best Hotels in Tulum
The hotels below are ordered by location from the north of the beach road (closest to Tulum town and the ruins) and moving south. All of these hotels are walking distance to several restaurants and biking distance to town – except Mezzanine which doesn’t have a lot nearby although it is closer to town than the other hotels.
Mezzanine Hotel – luxury
Hotel phone: +52 984-131-1596
Azulik Villas (Adults Only) – luxury
Hotel Phone: +54 11-5984-1575
Posada Punta Piedra – moderate
Hotel phone: +52 984-806-4505
Zamas Hotel – moderate
Hotel phone: +52 984-877-8523
El Pez – luxury
Hotel Phone: +52 984-115-4728
Amansala – moderate
Hotel phone: +52 984 100 0717
Playa Kin Ha – moderate
Hotel phone: +52 984-871-2321
Coral Tulum – luxury
Hotel Phone: +52 998-880-6022
Coco Tulum Hotel – luxury
Hotel Phone: +52 984-155-1916
Retiro Maya Tulum – moderate
Hotel phone: +52 984-143-1365
My Way Luxury Resort – luxury
Hotel phone: ++52 984-143-1365
Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa – luxury
Hotel phone: +52 998-880-6022
Ahau Tulum – luxury
Hotel phone: +52 984 802 5387
The Beach Tulum – luxury
Hotel phone: +52 984-873-1223
Los Lirios Cabanas – luxury
Hotel Phone: +52 984-871-3534
Villa Las Estrellas – luxury
Hotel phone: +52 984-879-0772
Alaya Tulum by Ahau – luxury
Hotel phone: +52 984 108 2127
Playa Mambo Eco Cabanas – moderate
Hotel phone: +52 984-803-2144
OM Tulum Cabañas & Beach Club – moderate
Hotel phone: +52 984-157-7903
Suenos Tulum – luxury
Hotel Phone: +52 984-115-4338
Be Tulum Beach & Spa Resort – luxury
Hotel phone: +52 984-803-2243