Updated: January 26, 2017
When is the best time to go to France?
The best time to visit France is in the spring (April to June) or fall (September to November) when there are fewer tourists, lower prices, and moderate temperatures. The summer months can be hot, crowded, and expensive. The winter months are often grey, wet, and cold.
France – When To Visit
- Best Time for Good Weather: May to October
- Best Time for Sightseeing: April to June, September to November
- Best Time for Honeymoon: May, June, September, October
- Best Time for Saving Money: March, April, and November
- Best Time for Foodies: April, May, and June
- Best Time for Paris: May, June, September, and October
- Best Time for Wine Country: March to May (most scenic); January and February (wine makers have the most time)
- Best Time for South France: June, early July, and September
- Best Time for the Atlantic Coast: June to August (but busy)